Acoustic enclosure for a Test Rig & Pressure Test Process at the Aircraft Engine Overhaul, Service & Maintenance Division of a major UK based aviation company.
Scope of Works
To design, manufacture, deliver, install and commission the required enclosure, these being of approximate overall sizes 5.3m long x 3.2m wide x 2.5m high.
- The enclosure is to be divided into two separate work area’s via an internal partition wall, the work area’s being a room to accommodate the Oil Test Rig and Chiller, and a second room for carrying out the necessary equipment pressure checks. Both work area’s are to be fit for purpose in providing a safe working environment for operational personnel.
- The enclosure is to incorporate a single man access door to the Bench Test Rig / Chiller room, and a double set of man access doors to the Pressure Test Room, each with flush thresholds to avoid trip hazards and to facilitate the installation and/or removal of test equipment on wheeled trolleys.
- To provide operational personnel with a view of the Pressure Test process from the Test Rig / Chiller room, a vision panel is to to be incorporated into the internal partition wall. A second vision panel is to be incorporated into the end wall of the Pressure Test room so that personnel can view both work area’s from the outside the enclosure.
- The internal partition wall is to accommodate a number of suitably sealed gland plates for ‘room-to-room’ connection of hydraulic hoses, pipework, electrical cables and control wiring etc.
- To provide small power & lighting and data communication facility within each room.
Based upon a maximum noise level of 95dB(A) in the Pressure Test room, we utilised an acoustic panel system which provided a 25dB reduction in noise levels - bringing noise levels in the Bench Test Rig/Chiller room and those in the local vicinity of the enclosure to circa 70dB(A), well below the First Exposure Action Level of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005.
< Aerospace >
We are very happy with the quality of the product and the manner of the employees that were on-site fitting the units. I would recommend all aspects of your company to others and will keep you in mind for any future work