Acoustic enclosure for a ‘Horizontal Balancing Machine’ for a major UK based aerospace manufacturer.
Scope of Works
To design, manufacture, deliver, install and commission the required acoustic enclosure, this being of approximate overall dimensions 6.5m long x 2.5m wide x 2.2m high.
- The enclosure to be fit for purpose in providing a safe working environment for operations and maintenance personnel.
- The unit to be supplied in two pre-assembled halves for positioning about the existing balancing machine and associated ancillary /auxiliary equipment.
- When fully assembled, the enclosure to provide the desired access in the form of bi-parting pneumatically operated, horizontally sliding doors and canopy, giving unhindered access to both the enclosure front and roof over an area approximately 3.7m long, to facilitate operator entry/egress, and the loading and unloading of tooling via an overhead shop crane.
- Surface mounted floor track arrangement with external rampart and internal aluminium tread-plate decking, offering personnel safe passage in and out of the enclosure without encountering an unacceptable trip hazard.
- Acoustically insulated vision panels that provide the necessary resistance to internal damage by projectiles, flying debris etc.
- Inclined vision panel arrangement to further enhance the operators overview of the balancing process.
- The provision of the necessary electrical fitments to facilitate adequate high frequency lighting suitable for rotating machinery.
- Integration and mechanical installation of the end users factory standard door interlock equipment.
Based solely on a maximum figure of 95dB(A) at 1 metre, the proposed construction rated at 25db satisfied the end users requirements.