Acoustic Screen incorporating Chevron Louvres to Chiller Units & associated plant, for an international construction services company, having ongoing Design & Build construction projects with a prominent supermarket chain.
Scope of Works
To survey, design, manufacture, deliver and install an Acoustic Screen around an existing roof mounted plant deck on which cooling equipment is seated, approximately 23m long x 10m wide x 2.7m high.
- Full site survey to confirm noise levels, airflow information, the positioning / dimensional accuracy of the plant deck / chiller units, cranage, traffic control, barriers & other details for City of London installation.
- External roof-mounted acoustic screen around chiller plant & associated equipment to be fit for purpose in providing an appropriate noise reduction to neighbouring residential properties in accordance with BS4142, to be structurally sound and capable of withstanding the relevant wind & snow loadings placed on this high level (roof-mounted) installation during adverse weather conditions.
- The prominently placed screen to conform with the agreed architectural requirements, to be both aesthetically pleasing and harmonious with the parent structure / building, with no ‘line of sight’ through the louvres to / from the nearby residential properties.
- Acoustic screen, chevron-type louvres, doors, absorptive wall lining panels and all structural steelwork galvanised, then powder-coat finished in the customer’s corporate colours to provide a protective coating with a guaranteed minimum life expectancy of 15 years.
- Rooftop access to the enclosed equipment via a gantry/platform & personnel/emergency exit doors.
The acoustic screen provided a noise reduction of 15dB, bringing operational noise levels of the new plant to 10dB below the existing ambient background level for day & night time, thereby avoiding complaints from neighbouring residential properties and enabling the store to remain open 24 hours.
< Acoustic Screen >